Sharon's INSPIRATIONAL Short stories of Faith and Romance can be found HERE or visit her
Facebook Page, which also has the links in the comments.)

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's in a dream

I had the wildest dream last night and wanted to share. As with most dreams, it had no beginning or ending and didn’t make a lick of sense. But here goes.

Much like Madison in Vertigo, I found myself walking along in a cemetery, seemingly looking for a grave. Upon reaching my destination, I gasped. Lo and behold, I found myself gazing down in awe at the glass-entombed tomb of Mona Lisa, her enigmatic smile intact. An eerie whistle swooshed through the barren trees in the cemetery. Soon after paying my respects, I fled  the graveyard and sat upright, bewildered by my peculiar dream, and a bit spooked.

So what would make me have an odd dream like this? Could it be my recent obsession with Alfred Hitchcock’s classic Vertigo that I just bought and watched. Never in my life did I follow an obsession to ghost hunt or explore cemeteries. Perhaps with this image so vivid in my mind, the forces are persuading me to try my luck at a paranormal. Tell me your thoughts, your dreams, your interpretation.

Sharon Donovan
Romantic Suspense with a Twist of Faith

My website

Sign up for Sharon’s newsletter
http://www.sharonadonovan.com/index.html#newsletter

My blog
Where the one and only Oliver will mix your favorite cocktail with a wink and a smile!

My Books


Available at

Amazon

Barnes n Noble

8 comments:

Sharon Donovan said...

Tell me your thoughts. Oliver has coffee, tea and chocolate chip muffins, served with a wink and a smile. And his bar is always open.

Debra St. John said...

Oh, Oliver, I will love you forever if you bring me one of those yummy chocolate chip muffins. You are such a dear...

Sharon, dreams can be so peculiar, can't they? Some mornings I wake up and just have to say, "What the---?" to myself. In fact I had one last night that didn't make a lick of sense. At all.

Sometimes when we have something on our mind, it tends to show up in our dreams. Maybe you're meant to write a paranormal about the Mona Lisa! Why not? Give it a try! :)

Sharon Donovan said...

Hi Debra, always a pleasure to have you pop in for a visit. You are so right, even though our dreams are as clear as mud, they speak to us on a subliminal level for what it's worth. Thanks for lending an ear.

Oliver said...

Debra love, here we go then, a nice sinfully rich chocolate chip muffin with a refreshing ice tea.

Mary Ricksen said...

Thanks for the wonderful fruit drink Oliver.
Well Sharon, my dear, upon thinking about your thoughts that you were thinking you would like to analyze?
Well I'm thinking maybe you were the model for the Mona Lisa and you can't remember your real name so your ghost is looking through the graveyard trying to recognize your own name???
No, well, you could be just a tad nuts too...
But, I don't think so really!!!
It has to be the first one. I'm lucky when I remember them.

Oliver said...

Here we go Mary my sweet pet, a nice strawberry smoothie with plenty of frozen berries to keep y'all cool. And a big muffin with your name on it.

Sharon Donovan said...

LOL Mary, that's a good one, be it a wee bit on the spooky side. Thank you my friend

Hywela Lyn said...

What an interesting dream, Sharon, I can't improve on Mary's intepretion, LOL. That would actually make a great ghost story, wouldn't it!

I dreamt of a black horse last night. Must be my Harri!

And yes, I frequently dream of you, dear Oliver, any chance of a glass of mead?